- Each Grantee selected by the Foundation is required to submit a short report -- no longer than one or two pages -- after six months from the date of the award of the grant but no later than April 1st of the year following the date of the award of the grant detailing the status of the case and what progress has been made.
- The report should give the name of the attorney(s) whom the Foundation can contact if it requires further information.
- The Grantee should attach to the report any significant decisions in the case.
- The report should state the progress anticipated in the case in the next six months.
- A second report should be submitted on the anniversary date of the grant but no later than September 1st of the year following the date of the award of the grant. If the grantee is seeking a grant for the succeeding year, that report should be submitted by August 1. If that report is not submitted, a grant for subsequent year will not be considered.
- Each Grantee selected by the Foundation is required to submit time daily records quarterly in a spreadsheet by January 15th (1st report), April 15th, July 15th, and October 15th for the previous quarter showing (1) the hours worked each day by tenths of an hour by each attorney who worked on the case for which the grant was received, (2) a description of each task performed by that attorney, (3) the date that the work by that attorney was performed, and (4) the hourly billing rate for that attorney. The spreadsheet should also show total hours and total time changes, as shown on the sample sheet that is referenced below. The time records would span the one-year period from the date of the grant award beginning on October 1st and ending on September 30th. A sample time sheet can be found here. This information would allow the Foundation to see how its grant funds were being utilized and attributed to the case for which the grant was awarded. All funds not spent on the case for which the grant was awarded up to the amount of the grant would be returned to the Foundation by October 31st following the end of the grant year cycle.
- Each Grantee selected by the Foundation is required to discuss quarterly with management of the Foundation the progress of the case for which the grant was awarded.